Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been
dedicated to other than Allah, and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent
blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild ani-
mal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those
which are sacrificed on stone altars, … (Al-ma’idah 5, 3)
Halal Agency Serbia (HAS was established by the Islamic Community of Serbia (ICS) in 2005, after the Serbian Government brought the law which allows Religious Communities to have their own companies, agencies, etc. ICS established HAS to be in charge for Halal-Certifying products that fulfill the Islamic law (Shariah) rules and principles, and for advising the Serbian Stakeholders on all matters relating to Halal Standard and its implementation.
Our services include:
- Halal Certification,
- Halal Inspection,
- Halal training,- Public Education,
- Complaint / Feedback Management,
- Assist Halal Consumers regarding their Halal enquires and keeping them informed about current Halal industry trends
through its website and other media publications,
- and one of the most important goals of HAS is to make Halal option available in all governmental and private institutions where Muslims may be found, e.g. hospitals, schools, army, police (prisons), etc; in order to enable the Muslim Minority to have Halal meal in public institution where they may found.
HAS may issue Halal Certificate for any product, service that fulfils Halal Standard of Serbia HSS-2009 rules and conditions, and, after that, to control the holders of Halal Certificates to ensure that the requirements of the Shariah rules are complied within the production from supplying with raw materials until the final product comes to the consumer.
HAS team of professionals cooperates with Scholars (Ulama) or Islamic Affairs Experts, Food Technologists, Veterinary Scientists, Microbiologists, Pharmacy and other related professionals.
HAS has chosen CIN for outsource laboratory. Center for Ingredients Researching (CIN) in Belgrade is one of the best laboratories in Serbia.
Some of HAS Halal Certification Benefits:
· Expertise in reviewing the products, the ingredients, the preparation and processing methods, and the hygiene and sanitation procedures.
· Maintaining strict confidentiality of all company information.
· Implementation of HAS's documented procedure for producing halal products. The procedure is continually refined as new techniques and new ingredients are developed, and it is consistent with HACCP, ISO, and other quality and safety standards.
· Halal training for key personnel, who then pass this training on to the other staff, ensuring broad-based knowledge of the proper halal production methods.
· The HAS halal certificate, which is accepted around the world.
· Permission to display the HAS certification logo on the halal-certified product label.
· Referrals to companies sourcing halal products and ingredients worldwide.
THE ISLAMIC COMMUNITY OF SERBIA
HALAL AGENCY SERBIA
(Halal Agency Serbia)
Gospodar Jevremova 11
Republic of Serbia
Phone:+381 11 3035 285
Phone/Fax: +381 11 2622 428
Don’t miss your opportunity to enter the Islamic Market, the most expanding market in world by getting Halal Certificate for your products!
According to The Economist, the global Islamic market was worth over $3.6 trillion in 2013, and the market is projected to be worth over $5 trillion by 2020.